people.uib.no & folk.uib.no are meant for personal webpages for employees ved UiB. Here you can publish any kind of content, as long as it does not conflict with UiBs IKT-regulations or other rules and regulations.
To publish content you need to have an active UiB employee or student-account.
What you get:
- The url’s people.uib.no/username og folk.uib.no/username.
- 5GB of storage.
- The possibility of publishing webpages consisting of html and css.
- Access via samba/windows-share og sftp.
- Backup of all data. If you need restore, create an issue in IssueTracker.
What you do not get:
- The possibility of running php-code.
- Access to a mysql-database.
A web directory at people will be created automatically by accessing the windows-share \\people.uib.no\username where username is your own username. This has to be done from a computer connected to the UiB network, either directly or via VPN.
When the directory is created you can upload files to it via the previously mentioned windows-share. These files will then be accessible through the url’s http://people.uib.no/username and http://folk.uib.no/username.
You can also upload files via sftp by logging into the server login.uib.no and uploading files to the directory /Data/www/folk/username.